jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Adam Giancarlo

 
 
How did you get started with all this??
Well, I have been playing music and singing since I was very young. I took piano lessons for a few years starting at age 7, and I have always been a creative and prolific writer. I took drum lessons for several years and was in a bunch of bands. About 8 years ago I taught myself guitar and got back into piano lessons. Song lyrics started flowing and I was on my way! I've been performing and recording ever since and the inspiration keeps coming. 

What's the message to transmit with your music??
Each song has its own distinct message. A lot of my songs transmit social and/or political messages of universal virtues such as peace, justice, and love. However, I also have written many more personal songs of internal and/or interpersonal struggle, conflict, as well as hope and happiness. I want people to get something out of it for themselves. I rarely explain the meaning of lyrics because I think a veil of mystery can be intriguing.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
Well, many of my songs start with the music - a few smooth chord progressions with transitions, and the lyrics follow. Sometimes, though, they start with a catchy melody with lyrics from what will be the chorus of the song. Then I find a few nice chord progressions, fill in lyrics for verses and add a bridge. A lot of times I have key changes in my songs and sometimes the different parts of a song sound very different from each other (like they could stand alone as their own songs). Toss in some solos and you've got some great songs!

Which is your music influences??
My musical influences are innumerable. I literally have over 10,000 songs on my iPod. Everything from rock to blues to jazz to funk to classical to ska to reggae to children's music to pop to r&b to soul to hip-hop and rap. Some of my favorite artists include the Beatles, Weezer, Queen, Ben Folds, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Bob Marley. There are so many others, though! Too many to count : )

What plans do you have for the future??
I have a lot of plans for the future. I am very ambitious and my ambition is coupled with a strong work ethic. I know how to make my goals a reality. I am currently working on four projects at the same time! One is an EP of songs I wrote with kids I have worked with at the YMCA (in which I have recorded them singing!). Another is an EP of children's songs which includes four cover songs and one rap song I wrote (my first) about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Yet another is an EP of lullabyes, and finally an EP of songs I wrote about various family members of mine. A long term project I am working on is a compilation of educational math songs for elementary and high school students - it will be a DVD with songs and cartoon animated videos to help kids learn. I plan on marketing it to schools all over.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Hmmm.... Pranks.... Well, I'm not too much of a prankster. Although I always used to get my grandpa on April Fool's Day. I know that's boring. Sorry!

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Well, since I am a one-man-band I would have to go for help myself and if I got hungry on the way I would have to start eating myself. I guess the question would then be which body part I would eat first. Well, it definitely would not be my hands, fingers, arms, ears, or eyeballs because all those parts help me play music.... Maybe my toes (cause who needs toes, anyway?!). I would start with my baby toe and gradually work up : )

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play somewhere like Japan. I always get a kick out of the fact that some American bands and artists get so popular in places like Japan, where most of the people don't even understand the lyrics. But I would love to play in any foreign place - Europe, South America, Africa...

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Well, nowadays there aren't too many great bands that are still touring. I think someone like Ben Folds or James Taylor, perhaps Elton John and Billy Joel (of course, pipe dreams!).

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes. I am very OK with it. Thank you : ) I can't wait to see what the future holds!
 
Check out more of this artist by going to http://www.myspace.com/adamgiancarlo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario