jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

C. J. Lassiter

 
 
How did you get started with all this??
I've been performing my whole life, doing anything I could to get on stage whether it was singing, dancing, acting, or playing an instrument. Last year I joined a cover band and in August of 2009 we had a gig that none of the other band members were available for. I had been writing songs for a few years, so I got my acoustic guitar, went to the gig anyway, and performed my own songs. I finally realized that was what I had really wanted to do all along. In December I started playing keyboard and found my niche in Electro Pop.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
God is super awesome and totally able to meet you where you're at.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
It usually starts with an idea I want to convey or emotion I need to get out. Sometimes I find sounds that fit on the keyboard right away, and other times I write it on the guitar first and then transfer it to the electronic world after I'm finished.

Which is your music influences??
I've been really into Lights lately, she's had a big influence on my sound. Another cool Electro Pop artist is Owl City. As far as more long term influences: BarlowGirl, Switchfoot, Relient K, Paramore, and No Doubt are all really awesome.

What plans do you have for the future??
I just moved back to San Diego so I plan to perform around here for a little while, and then preferably tour the whole world. ;)

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Mmm, well that's a little tricky since I'm a solo artist, but I tend to hide my gear from myself far too often...

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Well, I guess I'd have to send myself for help and then snack on myself on the way, haha.

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play Japan! I also want to tour Latin America.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I would definitely love to tour with Lights. BarlowGirl would be pretty awesome too. Paramore would be great, but I don't know if that would really fit.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Definitely! I am super excited to see what God has planned! :)
 
Check out more: www.myspace.com/cjlassiter

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario