jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Carmin Turco


How did you get started with all this??
I began my career on stage at CBGBs when I was only 16. I've been playing music all over the country since then.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I don't think I have an overall message that I'm trying to communicate... or, if I do, it's something like, beware... the course of love rarely runs smooth.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I write alone, usually when things in my life are either fantastically good or horribly dismal... I prefer the former to the latter.

Which is your music influences??
My songwriting is influenced mostly by music from the 70's... Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Neil Young - but my musical interests run the gamut from Classical to TripHop.

What plans do you have for the future??
I am working on songs for a new release entitled, 'Simple, Now'. The recording will tell the story of one couple's adventures in love... and it has a happy ending!

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
I once joked to an audience at New York's Mercury Lounge that, apart from being a musician, I was also a male stripper. However, I added, in order to set myself apart from other male strippers, I would BEGIN my show nude and slowly put my clothes back on. :)

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
I tour solo... so I'd have to say, um, me and, also, me.

Which country you would love to play?
I'd like to play Ireland. I hear the audiences are good listeners and the club/pub owners appreciate the musical talent. Plus it's beautiful there (and I have a thing for freckles).

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Well, only because I think it would be great, sweaty, dancing fun.... GOGOL BORDELLO, hands down, no contest.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
No, I'm rarely satisfied. I'd like to be performing more and look to do so in 2011.

Check out more of this artist by going to: http://www.carminturco.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario