jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Ella G' Sell



How did you started with all this??
Growing up in St. Louis, I have been singing since I can remember! I always sucked at sports, so during recess I would put on concerts instead and sing Madonna's immaculate collection for the other school children. My Mom didn't want me to get into the business though until I was a teenager because she didn't feel like it was a good place for kids. She always encouraged me to get scrappy and play in the pond. No matter how much I begged to be on stage, I was chasing tadpoles instead. Once I was able to perform beyond the backyard, I was hooked. I threw myself into musical  theatre, film, bands, and dance. I moved out to Los Angeles five years ago and have performed at every major venue including the Staples Center.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I write my music to build bridges for tolerance. I love diversity and feel at home surrounded by people of all walks of life. I never want anyone to feel like an outsider or not accepted. Humanities home is the world and I believe we are all brothers and sister. All of the labels that divide people are man made and just an elusion to me. I believe the human condition never waivers the human worth. All of my music taps into this concept of seeing our flaws and choosing love beyond whatever the conditions may be.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I write a lot of music driving and doing laundry. No, really! I always have a soundtrack in my head no matter where I go, so in the silence is when a new creation breaks out. I'll be in my car and a beautiful hook and verse just hits me. I always have a recorder in my purse, so no matter where I'm at I can capture it. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even writing it. It's like a gift from the universe. It just comes to me. Sometimes I feel like a write a song over a long period of time, but it doesn't come to lyrics and melody till later after it's chilled in my subconscious for a while.

Which is your music influences??
I am a music theatre junkie, so I have a lot of theatrics in my music and performances. My artist influences are Tori Amos, The Beatles, Nina Simone, Eddie Vedder, and Taylor Dane. I've always had a huge crush on Taylor Dayne.

What plans do you have for the future??
I'm building an empire. I am the Empress of Rock and an empress has to have an empire, right!? I am launching my own clothing line titled G'Sell. I already have G'Sell Eyewear. It would branch out of that. I seek to have my music through out the entire world. It already is online in that way, but my plan is a great scale. Every big hurtle comes with little steps though. Being only 5'2" I should know that. So in the moment, I am working to make my new EP the best it can be. I'm in the studio recording and performing for charity events and night clubs in the Los Angeles circuit.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Sadly, I've never done a prank. I'll have to change that soon and keep you posted. ;)

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
I would walk the trek myself. I am not a damsel in distress in any right. I am a powerful woman and would walk the 65 miles to make it happen. If we had to eat each other for survival, I would not take a bite from another's death. I do not believe in killing and could never hurt anyone. My husband laughs at me, because even when there is a bug in our house, I will take it outside and care for it. I will not kill it. I feel like we are all connected and taking a life is the greatest poverty of mankind.

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play in India. I have always had a fascination with India. Perhaps it was a past life or something. I've travelled quite a bit: Ireland, Argentina, Lebanon, Britain, Brasil, France, Spain, Italy, Costa Rica.... I love to see the world and explore new cultures. I've never been to India though and I would love to experience that.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I would love to sing a duet with Eddie Vedder and to sing Wild Horses with The Rolling Stones.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes! It is a marathon, not a sprint. We are making it happen one note at a time. :)

Check out more from this artist by going to: http://www.ellagsell.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario