jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Greg Koons


 
How did you get started with all this??

Pretty much my entire life, with the exception of a few years when I was in the underground, I was always on the hustle with music; i.e working various jobs, living in different cities, and gigging out. I guess the music all started with a $50 guitar and some ideas. 

What's the message to transmit with your music??

Be proud of who you are and where you come from. Don't ever be embarrassed because what you do for a living, or because you might not have white teeth or nice shoes. At the end of the day, the only thing that a man truly posesses during his lifetime is his character. Not sure if I really have a message but if I do, I hope that it's this one.
  
What's your method at the time of writting a song??
Some writers write songs everyday and very quickly. To be honest, I don't. I play guitar and will noodle around with ideas daily but a lot of writing songs is putting up your musical antennae so to speak, and waiting for melodies and ideas to come to you. Then when you get one, honestly asking yourself if the song or idea is worth fighting for. Sometimes they come slow and in pieces, sometimes in creative bursts over a five minute span. 
  
Who are your music influences??
Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Woody Guthrie, Shance MacGowan, Townes Van Zandt, and Steve Earle.
  
What plans do you have for the future??
I'm not really sure. I'll definitely be writing and recording a follow up to "Welcome to the Nowhere Motel",  I'm going on tour thoughout the US this January and next summer. I hope to tour Europe in 2011 but we will have to wait and see.
  
Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Hmm...I really couldn't say. I should really keep this PG-13.
 
Which country you would love to play?
I would really love to play in Iran, Syria, and Jordan. 

With which bands you would love to share stage??
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Pogues.
  
Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes.

Check out more at http://www.myspace.com/gregkoons

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario