jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Jeff Gorra




How did you get started with all this??
The concept for my new record "the reins" began about 2 years ago in between music projects. All songs and arrangements were written by me over the past 2 years with the exception of On One Hand and Somehow which were older songs that I re-worked.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
There's a serious message to me in each song and the lyrics can be quite intense. The underlining theme I seem to stick to is "taking control," being an underdog and not backing down from what you believe in. Hence the name of the record....The Reins. I take lyrics very seriously and found its something people can really relate to, to speak honestly and share an emotion. Its also strangely therapeutic for me.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
I have to be inspired by something in the present tense. Its usually something that is really making me think. I then pick up my very old acoustic and try to translate on the guitar and with a pen and pad. My best songs seem to happen very quickly.

Which is your music influences??
Mixed bag. I truly love the rock music of the 90's. Anything Chris Cornell has ever touched, Pearl Jam, Silverchair. But equally,..I'm highly influenced by Stevie Wonder and John Lennon. I have an deep intrigue when it comes to Lennon. I was born the same hour same day he died.

What plans do you have for the future??
To always keep playing music. It will always be apart of me no matter what I do. Near future, I have a big show with my band Friday October 1st in New York City. I'm constantly promoting my record as well.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
It was recently and it was a prank on me! It was indirect actually. We had just finished a big practice/rehearsal and my drummer text me on his way home that we rocked so hard in practice he thinks he left his socks in the studio. Well, I went back to the studio to look for his socks for him.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Ha! I'd probably send myself. I have a hard time sitting back and waiting. That being said.... I'd probably eat myself too.

Which country you would love to play?
Australia. I love Australian music and culture.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
So many. But dare I say...Chris Cornell....either solo or Soundgarden!! I think sharing with band like Seether would be very fun too because we share many of the same interests and influences. I met Shaun the singer once and we immediately starting chatting about Silverchair and Nirvana over a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually? Very OK! When this project began it was really anything I or we did after the record was finished was just icing on the cake. I never expected such a nice reaction and the various opportunities to pursue that have become available.

Check out more of this artist by going to: http://www.myspace.com/jgorra

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario