jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Magnum



How did you start with all this??
It’s one of those things that you grow up around and it becomes you. Music was always being played around me on the stereo as a kid and it just seems to comfort me. I couldn’t imagine my life without writing and performing.  I’d be one miserable person!

What's the message to transmit with your music??
If I had to give it a message I guess it would be to live, love, be wild. I want the music to put people in a better place by getting the singing, clapping hands, sharing emotions and just simply being alive.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
It comes to me in so many ways. Sometimes a melody or a guitar riff or a cool drum beat. I enjoy writing at the piano but when inspiration strikes me I’m usually not playing an instrument and I have to run and find
something quick while the feeling is strong.

Which is your music influences??
It’s a vast selection. It doesn’t even make much since to me but let me try; Sly Stone, Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, Prince, U2, Robert Cray, Parliament Funkadelic, Kiss, Rolling Stones, Marvin Gaye, Led Zepplin; I’m out there man!

What plans do you have for the future??
My goal is to release three new CD’s this year; an acoustic EP, a live CD and another studio album of new material. All the songs have been written. I just need to get them all recorded. We’re going to be busy this fall!

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help?
I’m sure it would send myself. I’d probably feel guilty for getting them in another fine mess so I’d feel obligated to get them out of it... And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed
yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first? I’m not eating any of them suckers in my band. They’re all too funky!

Which country you would love to play?
No country in particular seems to attract me more than any other. I mean people are people whereever you go and regardless of what may be said, we’re all just the same inside no matter where you go when it comes to music. We just dance differently than one another. If you had a room full of two year-olds from all over the world and play some music they’d all dance and clap and no one would care about the style. Skin color and Religion wouldn’t matter. I think this world needs more of that.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I’d love to play with Buddy Guy, or BB King, or the Rolling Stones. It would be hard to share with them. I’d be so intrigued just watching and learning.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
I love it. The music is getting more defined and we are playing so well together. People are picking up on the vibe of the music and the power of the show. I see great things in the future.

Check out more of this artist by going to http://brothermagnum.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario