jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Queen Majeeda



How did you started with all this??
I found myself writing songs at 15 and haven't stopped since then. I recorded my first CD Conscious which was released through Heartbeat Records. My second CD Our Glorious Past was just released August 17, 2010 and is available on my website www.queenmajeeda.com and at online stores.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I really believe in equal rights and justice for all and that's the main message I wish to transmit - love and respect for each other, for the planet and all its inhabitants.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
It depends on how it comes to me. Sometimes, I'll hear a melody with the words and write the song that way or sometimes just the chorus first comes to me and then I develop it from there. I usually just put pen to paper and write. Only one song so far was written when I was on the keyboard and that is Love You So Much (It Hurts).

Which is your music influences??
I am influenced by Bob Marley because I grew up listening to him but I also listen to other artistes in my genre and so they too influence me. I also love jazz horns and try to incorporate that in my music, so I've been influenced by jazz music too.

What plans do you have for the future??
I will be working on a video soon for Love You So Much (It Hurts) and another shortly after for Modern Day Slavery. I also plan on releasing another CD next year and right now I'm doing some performances. I would love to do a college tour - that's a plan I would definitely love to see materialize.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
I really can't think of anything right now. Usually it's just focusing on the performance and meeting people after or doing interviews. Pranks usually come during rehearsals; nothing comes to mind right now though.

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Honestly, I'd rather eat leaves and the inner bark of a tree to sustain me especially since I'm on a meatless diet. Whoever got stuck with me would be glad. If there were no trees I hate to think that I could even think of eating someone. I really don't know what would happen.

Which country you would love to play?
I would really love to play in South Africa - and India too.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
I would say Ziggy Marley, Morgan Heritage, Mathisyahu and India Arie to name a few.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
I am quite happy with the direction my music is going right now. I feel more in control now that I'm able to release music through my website and through online stores.

Check out more of this artist by going to: http://www.queenmajeeda.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario