jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Sara Scott





1. How did you get started with all this? I've been playing piano and singing since I was 2 yrs old. I've been performing since I was 6 or 7. I started writing poetry and songs when I was 8. I started playing guitar when I was 16 yrs old. I've tried to take every opportunity that has been put in front of me to play music. All of those start to add up to bigger and better things.

2. What the message you want to transmit with your music? The message I want to convey in my music is the things of life - love, faith, hope, bad days, good days, strength, sadness - other people out there are going through the same things that you are.

3. What your method currently for writing a song? I think it's been different for every song! Sometimes, I hear a melody line in my head, and I see if it will fit better in the chorus or verse or bridge, or if it's a line for 1 of the instruments in the song. Sometimes, I will be driving back from Nashville or Atlanta, somewhere a good distance from my hometown of Charlotte, NC, and I will write an entire song on the drive. Other times, I have gotten a verse for a song, then I got the chorus 6 months later, then the bridge 6 months after that, etc.

4. What are your musical influences? My musical influences from my childhood are The Steve Miller Band, The Tractors, The Beach Boys, Billy Joel, and Country music. Those came from what my parents were listening to. And then my older brother would listen to Queen, Rap music, and Pop music, so I was always hearing that as well. As I've gotten older, I've really fallen in love Jazz, R&B, and Soul. I'm a big fan of Corinne Bailey Rae, and I've had John Mayer's "Continuum"album on repeat for the last 2 months!

5. What plans do you have for the future? Future plans include finishing the second album (set to be done Spring 2011) and hitting the road for an extensive 12 month promotional tour. We're hoping this will get us picked up by a major or major indie label.

6. What has been the funniest thing you have been a part of while on tour or after a show? Hmmmm.....the funniest thing......even though I'm used to it now, it's still pretty funny when people get tongue twisted and introduce me as "Scara Scott" instead of "Sara Scott"

7. If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour, and the nearest help is 65 miles away from where you and the band are, who would you send to look for help? And if there is no food for the rest while they wait, and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, who would you eat first? We would probably send 2 of the guys. Not sure about who we would eat first, hopefully not me!!!

8. Which country would you love to play? I would LOVE to play in England.

9. With which bands would you love to share the stage? So many great ones to choose from! I would love to share the stage with the Papertongues - I know a few of the guys, and have played music with them a few different times in Charlotte, but to share the stage with the whole band would be amazing. And to sing a song with Aswan! Killer. Also John Mayer would be amazing. And I do a cover of Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll", so it would be a once in a lifetime experience to share the stage with them for that song.

10. Are you ok with the direction the band is going? We are very happy with the way things are going right now. As with anything, you have to be patient for great things. It's a lot of hard work and waiting, but we are willing, and things are going good.

Check out more of this artist by going to www.myspace.com/sarascottmusic

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario