jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Sixty



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
Back when I was in high school, there were a group of us that all wrote rhymes and had freestyle cyphers. One day my best friend and I were in the middle of a freestyle session and I was really kicking some dope sh*t. So about 15 minutes in I stopped and told him to go but he was like "hell no there's no way I'm going in after that" So I kept going. After the 30 minute mark I was like, "aight G you ready" and he still refused. That's when I asked him if I spit for one hour would he spit then. He said yeah as if he didn't think it would happen. Well about 30 minutes later I couldn't spit any more and we were both is disbelief. The next day I got to school and the whole crew was like yoooo what's good "Sixty" (as in minutes). From there the legend was born.

How the band started??
Initially I got started as a producer. I had a little tiny casio keyboard that I would use to play the songs I would hear on radio and TV. As my friends started to get more serious about rhyming I would hop on a track here and there. Fast forward a few years later and I was completely involved in the production side and barely writing at all. Every once in a while I would make beats that were so dope that I would think, there's no way I'm giving these away. Eventually I realized that the only way these beats I was making would get proper use would be if I did it myself. Plus, I have a lot to say so I figured this would be the perfect forum. After a few months I was writing and recording my first mixtape "The Other Side Of Jupiter". There you have it

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I could go into this long as spiel but really it all comes down to a concept I thought of called 2-way Expression. I feel Art, in all of its forms, exists for this reason. First, it allows the artist the space to express themselves, be heard, and be understood. Second, it allows those who vibe with them know that they aren’t alone and that we can all relate. They express themselves through me. Ultimately my main goal is to inspire people to not get caught in the bullsh*t of life and just chase their dreams until they run out of time. That's what I'm doing now so that's what I preach.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
For me it all starts with a beat. All of my songs are built around the beats that I make. I know as I'm making a beat if it will be a keeper. The concept and ideas come to me before the beat is even done. Once I have compiled all of the beats I then go into writing mode. Once I begin writing the songs, I won't do anything else creatively until they are done. Once those are laid down I start the process all over again

Which is your music influences??
My biggest influence and favorite artist of all time is Pink Floyd. There message of empathy is the reason I create hands down. I also love NaS and Lupe Fiasco because of that same reason, Plus lyrically they are the best that have ever done it in hip-hop/rap. My last major influence is of course The Beatles. Musically and sonically they have done things that to this day can't be matched. Those are def my tops.

What plans do you guys have for the future??
I am in the process of working on my next mixtape. We also are working on booking shows and generating a deafening buzz on the live scene. We are working on a push for College radio with a campaign we are calling our College Crash Landing. Plus collaborating with other artist like GodChild, Knoxx, Solo and a few others. I just want to be the Ruler Of The Universe.

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
Haven't really pulled any pranks yet. That's something that will come together as we book some more gigs. I'll have an update on that in our next interview.

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Well I'm kinda chill so I would probably have to send our manager to go. She doesn't mess around and is all about getting things done. Then my brother would probably just eat me because I'm bigger than he is.

Which country you guys would love to play?
I would def love to play Japan and look forward to the day we do. I have always had a deep respect and admiration for Japanese culture. Plus they have a very unique sense of style and fashion. Plus I'm obsessed with anime.

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
Hands down, without a doubt The Floyd. I'm working on a way to bring Richard and Syd back. Seriously though def would be the Floyd.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Absolutely! Since my music is so unique it is a lot easier for me to stay in my own lane. Plus all the beats are made in house so it is all about our sound. As long as I remember how music saved me and where it has brought me, I'm confident in the fact that I'll always be on the right path.

Check out more of this artist by going to www.myspace.com/brahverse

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario