jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

Street Spirit



How did you get started with all this??
I got married August 25, 2000 in Las Vegas. I asked God to cleanse my mind, body and soul on my wedding day, and within 3 seconds of asking God to cleanse me, it began to rain on me. At that very moment I knew God is real and has been paying attention to me.

After that, God asked me if I wanted to continue to live my life as I have, or try music, I replied, music!

I began to witness a lot more supernatural miracles.

I saw a coin fall from the sky in a hotel room while sober watching TV. at the Maxim hotel in Las Vegas on a separate occasion after my wedding.

I saw one of the airplanes go through the world trade center and not crash, but fly through the building as if the building was invisible. I watched the airplane fly towards the clouds.

I realized God was showing me the power of Heaven. I began to study the bible more, and I prayed to become a better writer. I wanted to become a better writer because I didn't know how to rap, but I felt I could be of assistance to God through the power of rap.

After praying to become a better writer, I started working on crafting my songs and I now have the pleasure of saying I was a finalist in the 8th annual Independent Music Awards in the category of best Holy Hip Hop song.

What's the message to transmit with your music??
The message I convey is miracles Happen, and goals are important. If I continue to keep my faith strong, the sky is the limit. If we set and focus on accomplishing goals, life unfolds for us.

What's your method at the time of writting a song??
I get inspired through out the day at all times. I can be laying in the bed at 4am and an idea will come to me. I won't be able to rest unless I write that note down. I can be driving in the car, and I'll have to pull over and type that note in my phone. It may be a song title, a bar, or a complete verse. What ever it is, it must be written immediately before it gets forgotten.

I usually piece it all together to form a song, or I'll have a song title idea and stay true to the topic.

I reach out to producers and ask to hear 4 tracks. If I hear a track I like out of the 4, we agree on terms and I buy it. If I don't hear something I like I just assume there is no magic with that producer for that topic and I move on to the next producer that can bring my vision to life.

Which is your music influences??
I'm influenced by 2Pac and the angels I feel around me. 2Pac had a strong connection with people all over the world, he stood up for what he believed in and his message definitely kept God on my brain.

What plans do you have for the future??
I plan on being a mentor, and I plan on creating scholarship funds for underprivileged students.

Which has been the funniest prank you have been or took part while on tour or after a show??
I haven't been involved in any pranks on tour yet, but I have some fun ideas from some pranks shows I've watched!

If you were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you and your band (If any) are, ¿Who would you send to look for help?
I would definitely be involved with getting the help. I would feel more comfortable knowing how close help is, so I can get back on the road A.S.A.P. I would hate to be waiting with a broke down bus in the middle of no where, while my help is off procrastinating.

And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
My wife….Mwhahaha!

Which country you would love to play?
I would love to play in Africa. I hear it beautiful there and the people treat you like royalty.

With which bands you would love to share stage??
2Pac.

Are you OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
I'm OK with the direction I'm going. I'm building my brand from the ground up. I'm progressing. I've literally worn all the hats, from web designer to publicist and everything in between. It would be nice to build my team with more experienced professionals, but I believe hard work pays off, and the hats I wear today shape my head for tomorrow.

Check out more of this artist by going to www.StreetSpiritMusic.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario