martes, 28 de septiembre de 2010

Ultralust



What's the meaning behind the band's name?
Ultralust has many meanings both good and bad . Basically….. think the extreme of anything (or something)  you think you want or need to the point it rules you life. I know many people that have the Ultralust.

How the band started??
Usual story, I wrote the songs for the first CD and needed to put together a band.  I held auditions and met a lot of people before fate got us together. And I mean fate, cause we were all going through some crazy times. (Joey was living part time on a park bench and Max was almost thrown out of the country)  But….Before that happened those auditions where crazy!  I met a lot of strange and funny people. One guy auditioned for bass and was like 70 ! But he could play his ass off.  Another guy walked in (in the dead of winter) wearing slippers a fur coat with shorts. (he could also play well). What ever happened to that guy?

What's the message to transmit with your music??
I don’t think there’s one message. I write about what I see in my everyday life and unfortunately there’s a lot of shit going on affecting us. But if I had to say it would be... open your eyes to what’s happening in this world around us. (If only just where you live) and try to make it a better place. It sounds corny, but..  I think we’ve been desensitized to accept negative situations like war, hate, violence, poverty,prejudice, as an acceptable part of life.

What's your method at the time of writing a song??
 I get affected by what I’ve seen or an experience I’ve had. Generally this motivates me to sit down and write a song down on acoustic. Then I work on specific guitar & bass riffs and then the  over all arrangement.I run it by Joey and he puts in his 2 cents. Although there are times that I have a groove or chord progression that I’ve already recorded and I work on it. I think “Inside” and “Open your heart” were written like this. But… even when I find my self doing it backwards, (like this), I put it away and pick up the acoustic. For me, if I can play the song acoustically and it works, it’s a good song no matter how you arrange for the band.

Which is your music influences??
Growing up my influences were the older bands, Stones, Bowie, Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, etc., etc., My older cousin Gene would give me used records he didn’t want. He also turned me on to bands from Elvis Costello to the Cure to NIN. I still play all the good old shit on my Ipod. Also my dad who’s a good guitar player in the classical style was an influence. Cause even though I rebelled against that style of playing it was subliminally ingrained in me. Some times I catch myself playing a scale and stop on a grace note or play a riff like my dad. (that blows my mind)

What plans do you guys have for the future??
Playing out, touring and just having a good time getting the Ultralust out. More video’s, more records..

Which has been the funniest prank you guys have been or took part while on tour or after a
show??
I don’t know if this is a prank but.. After a show this dude was freeking out and waited for us to pack so he could tell us how great the show was.So we thought it was funny (how excited he was) and invited him to go out drinking with us. We got his guy so F&% up.  We took him  to our favorite spot to meet some girls and I’m sure he’s still talking about it cause last time I saw him he was so plastered he was making out with 2 girls (or at least they looked like girls. HA!)

If you guys were stranded in the middle of nowhere after a show or while on tour. The help is 65 miles away from where you guys are, ¿Who would you guys send to look for help? And if while the rest wait, there's no food and the only way to feed yourself is by eating each other, ¿Who would you eat first?
Joey would go he’s the only one who’s been in the Army. And I would definitely eat Max’s liver sautéed in onions with a glass of Chianti ! (oh, and some fava beans)

Which country you guys would love to play?
Japan !

With which bands you guys would love to share stage??
 Linkin Park, U2, Muse, Jet, Kings of Leon etc. etc.

Are you guys OK, with the direction the band is going actually?
Yes, So far there has been a real positive response to the “Hero” CD from fans.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario